Prevention, Performance and Training. The new model of Physical Therapy to challenge old methodology
Updated: Sep 9, 2020
Southeast Physical Therapy is different from other PT practices because it values the time of our patients offering them faster and better outcomes as a result of more personalized treatment and care.
Southeast Physical Therapy is an out of network/cash-based practice, meaning we do not accept private insurance, bill insurance or work directly with any insurance provider.
Currently, in the insurance-based model of care, volume is king. In order to be profitable, companies accepting insurance must see 3-5 patients on the hour per Physical Therapist.
If you're looking for a high dollar producing business model that is geared more towards how many clients can be piled onto a schedule versus how quickly and thoroughly a client improves; then high volume is the model for you!
If you’ve ever been to an insurance-based clinic, a typical experience includes:
1. Waiting in the waiting room for too long.
2. Sharing the attention & time of the PT with 1-4 other patients.
3. Same exercise prescription every single time...3 sets of 10 again?
4. Supervision of exercises by a tech or aide.
5. Minimal demonstration of prescribed exercises.
6. Minimal to no manual (hands on) treatment.
7. 15 minutes of ice or heat at the end of each treatment.
Rinse and repeat this plan with minimal tweaks for 2-3 visits per week for 6-8 weeks or until your insurance tells you that you're out of visits until next year. The plan remains basic, never progresses and if you find someone next to you who has the same body part/problem being treated, they’re doing the same exact cookie cutter plan you’re doing. It’s frustrating for the client.